So three weeks into the semester and I love life. My classes are amazing except for my Media Law class which is unbearably boring and my Media & Their Audiences class which is more like a relief society lesson than I would like. I am taking 15 credits and I love my Advertising Concepts class. This homework last week was to watch a movie at the international cinema and create a movie poster of it:
I cut back my hours at Red Robin because I was quite tired of working their after a semester of working there nearly every day.
My social life is most ideal. There are so many things to do and it is awesome. I love being a senior because I can walk around campus and see all these people I know.
Two sundays ago I gave a talk ( i had aspired to be like natalie and go through my entire college career without being asked to give a talk but sadly am in a ward where 90% fall in the group of the socially awkward) Any how, my talk was on setting goals and this is a quote that I used that I really loved
Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor. oliver wendell holmes.
So a few of my goals for the year include:
1. No facebook after 10
2. Asleep by 11 on weekdays
3. I need to be more proactive in remembering names and facts about people
4. Visit NYC.
5. Get my reading done in my class breaks.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
I LOVE LIFE
Posted by Emily Howe at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
let's go to nyc baby! oh wait, you're probably planning on doing an internship there...so that means i can come visit you! top notch!
I can help with #4!!! Come visit me this summer! You can sleep on my couch (hotels in NYC are most expensive)
Great goals! And I miss you. I was making muddy buddies today and wishing you were here. And at dinner I told my parents about the hint of lime chips we used to consume in huge amounts. Love you.
Post a Comment